An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to manage a Warehouse Team at the Aeropak site in Great Yarmouth. The main purpose will be to ensure the warehouse delivers OTIF as a service department and provide logistics support.
The role reports to the Site Operations Manager.
- Manage the warehouse department efficiently and effectively to schedules of work in weekly and long-term production (manufacturing and packing) plans.
- Lead by example to ensure excellent timekeeping, work ethic, H&S and GMP compliance within warehouse.
- Ensure communication of site KPI’s for delivery of orders on time and adherence to Central Demand Plan.
- Provide knowledge and expertise as the process owner of warehouse ERP systems and be the first point of contact for Purchase and Supply for finished goods and deliveries.
- Schedule delivery of Finished Goods batches to meet Purchase and Supply requirements.
- Schedule delivery of raw materials, packaging components and consumables to meet production schedules, manufacturing and packing of finished goods.
- Manage the use of 3rd party warehouses.
- Schedule movement of components, raw materials and consumables between internal and external warehouses.
- Proactively liaise with departments to ensure day to day problems are resolved.
- Effectively manage employee relations both informally & formally.
- Identify and implement cost savings and efficiency improvements, leading the team to work to lean principles.
You would ideally have the following attributes and/or experience:
- Previous experience of supervising and leading a team, monitoring performance, & delegating work within a warehouse environment.
- Self-motivation with a proactive ‘can do’ approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the assertiveness to deal with staff related issues.
- High aptitude for problem solving and decision making with proactive identification of improvements.
- Experience of working within a regulated manufacturing/production environment (e.g. pharmaceutical, food production environment) and associated documentation.
- Experience in working with quality systems.
- Experience with creating, updating and training of documents.
- Sound working knowledge of windows office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and other computer systems e.g. ERP Systems