We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Site Manager to join our team and head up Diomed Group’s pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, ‘Aeropak’ based in Great Yarmouth. The Aeropak site is responsible for production, engineering, warehousing, and Quality operations, supporting the manufacture of a highly successful range of semi-solid and liquid medicines, medical devices and cosmetics, sold in the prescription and OTC markets.
The responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Direct leadership of day-to-day manufacture, engineering, warehousing and production planning activities on site.
- Ensure high quality products are delivered on time, in alignment with the Group’s forecast requirements, with all site operations operating collaboratively.
- Manage the effective and efficient use of labour, equipment and other resources to meet the site’s objectives.
- Create and lead a culture of continuous improvement and excellence, through innovation, process development, operational practices and quality assurance.
- Exercise management responsibilities with sensitivity, respect and empathy in accordance with HR policies and applicable legislation.
- HR Management and oversight, including training, performance management and development of the site leadership team.
- Support Quality functions to ensure the site maintains Good Manufacturing Practices in full compliance with QMS, MIA and the products MAs.
- Provide support and technical leadership for investigations and corrective actions.
- Ensure all activities on site are carried out in a safe manner, in compliance with Company policies, site procedures and national regulations and guidelines.
- Chair the H&S committee, supervising investigations where necessary.
- Oversee site financial control, equipment procurement, control of fixed and variable costs and staff expenses.
- Plan equipment life cycles, including selection, evaluation, validation, implementation, maintenance & performance monitoring.
- Foster collaborative relations with the other Group sites and departments, business partners and regulatory authorities.
Key Attributes/ Skills:
- An appropriate degree or equivalent in engineering, production management or science discipline.
- Senior Management experience within a pharmaceutical, medical device or biotechnology company, with sound working knowledge or GMPs.
- Comprehensive understanding of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations, supply chain and manufacturing processes, Quality Management / Continuous Improvement systems and demonstrable experience in Financial control.
- Excellent people management, leadership and team-building skills to influence and motivate multiple stakeholders as part of a strong and enthusiastic company-wide team culture.