An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to lead a shift team in a Filling and Packing operation within our highly successful and dynamic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing site in Great Yarmouth, where a wide variety of medicines and healthcare products are manufactured. The role would be responsible for leading the Production shift team to ensure adherence to the Production plans in an efficient and safe manner and to produce a filled product that complies with GMP requirements. This role reports to the Production Manager.
- Lead the Production shift team to ensure adherence to weekly Production plans.
- Ensure batches are produced to the required quality standards and in accordance with relevant company procedures.
- Report department and team metrics.
- Lead by example, communicate effectively, deal with issues, build trust and good relationships with team and the wider business.
- Proactively liaise with support departments to ensure day to day problems are resolved efficiently and plans are met.
- Inspire and motivate to achieve objectives and targets whilst driving continuous improvement requirements within the department.
- Effectively manage employee relations both informally & formally.
- Ensure team members are trained and training is adequately documented.
- Create, review and update production procedures when required.
- Be responsible for completing non-conformance investigations and associated corrective/preventative actions.
- Act as backup for the responsible person on site outside of normal hours.
You would ideally have the following attributes and/or experience:
- A strong background in leadership, ideally within a fast moving Production environment, monitoring performance and delegating work.
- A good level of education with sound verbal and numerical reasoning skills.
- Self-motivation with a proactive ‘can do’ approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately construct a non-conformance report and identify suitable corrective/preventative actions to address the root cause.
- Resourceful with a high aptitude for problem solving and decision making.
- Experience of continuous improvement tools (e.g. Lean techniques, DMAIC, Kaizen etc)
- Experience of appraisals and individual performance management.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.