An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to maintain the laboratory
computer systems helpdesk supporting the pharmaceutical development and quality
control laboratories. The successful applicant will ensure each case is dealt with in a
timely manner by the appropriate person covering Gosmore, Kempston and Great
Yarmouth. This position can be based at either Gosmore or Great Yarmouth.
- Provide system administrative support for the laboratory computer systems using the laboratory helpdesk to specify requirements, prioritise tasks, communicate with end users and update on progress.
- Assist the laboratory in the use and understanding of computer systems; including providing training.
- Liaise with Systems department to ensure uninterrupted use of laboratory computer systems and timely resolution of any issues.
- Local contact for computer system compliance and data integrity requirements.
Identify process and data integrity improvements and implement any changes required.
- Liaise with product vendors raising support requests to resolve issues and report faults/bugs as appropriate.
- Provide technical support in the selection of new computer systems including liaising with systems department and vendors.
- Configure and produce Computer System Validation (CSV) documentation.
- Assist the Laboratory Systems project manager to initiate laboratory computer systems projects.
You would ideally have the following attributes and/or experience:
- Analytical chemistry experience, ideally within a pharmaceutical setting.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Previous experience of working with laboratory computer systems.
- Self-motivation with a proactive ‘can do’ approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High aptitude for problem solving and decision making with proactive identification of improvements.
- Sound working knowledge of windows office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and other computer systems e.g. ERP, CDS and LIMS.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific based discipline.